Thursday 22 July 2010

Featured Song: Slow Motion - Third Eye Blind

Continuing on the theme of all things weird...

'Miss Jones taught me English, and I think I just shot her son.'

In the interests of full disclosure, half of that statement is true, and I'm not allowed to talk about which half it is.

But anyway... this also happens to be the opening lyric from Third Eye Blind's Slow Motion.This is a weird and wonderful song, with lyrics so insane that I can't even begin to describe them. I was first introduced to this song as a cover version done by Panic! At The Disco [or more specifically, the wonderful Brendon Urie - not that I'm biased], and I think it's a song everyone should hear at least once in their lives.

If you don't embrace the crazy it will tell someone else to come and get you... so just save yourself the hassle and give this song a chance to blow your mind.



Slow Motion by Third Eye Blind, from the album 'A Collection.'
Also performed by Brendon Urie here.