Saturday 17 July 2010

The Bitch Goddess Notebook - Martha O'Connor

This book starts off packing a punch and never really lets up after. The story surrounds three girls and the three women they become, the teenage girls of the 'Bitch Posse' and the women divided by one night and one secret.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking - well, that's not entirely true, unless you're thinking the same thing as me - stop messing around with little tantalising clues and get to the point.

The only problem is, I can't without spoiling what is truly a compelling story. I have read this book a million times and each time I find something new that I love. It has a bit of everything, and is miles away from those stories with perfect heroines who have some mild crisis before getting their happy ending.

Now, this is not a book for the faint hearted, easily offended, or anyone who doesn't like their fiction to bring home real life - but it's utterly irresistible to the rest of us.



Say it aloud: Screw fairy tales and chick lit and all forms of lying.